Look East seeks talented Account Directors to work with our team on a contractor/freelance basis.
Look East works with a variety of businesses across food and agriculture, including companies, retailers, restaurants, associations, and organizations – some with well-established global brands and a long history, some are new startups, and many are somewhere in between. Our clients span several sectors: agtech, livestock, agriculture innovations and products, crops and produce, food processing, food packaging, executive recruiting, food and agriculture industry organizations – like The Center for Food Integrity – and more. Our clients face the myriad of issues putting pressure on the food system today: ESG and sustainability, consumer demands and misinformation, innovation and technology acceptance, animal health and care, investor and regulatory pressures, and more.
We provide multiple services including, but not limited to strategic planning and counsel; communications and strategy and program support; stakeholder research; marketing and branding services; spokesperson training, stakeholder facilitation; etc.
Contractor Account Director Overview
- Communicate directly with clients – understanding their business, building relationships, and helping them build trust in their people, products, processes and/or brands.
- Provide consistent and ongoing strategic counsel to clients involved in food and agriculture industries.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate communication programs, applying a wide range of strategic tools and services to achieve communications goals.
- Gather data, draft reports, and analyze trends specific to client goals and objectives to provide proof of program results.
- Write client and internal documents, reports, proposals, and general business presentations and correspondence.
- Communicate account status to agency management regularly.
- Leverage excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in day-to-day interactions and customer service skills.
- Exercise confidentiality concerning client and employer business information.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or 4-year degree in a related discipline
- Seven or more years in the field or in a related area, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred.
- Works effectively within an entrepreneurial environment and self-directs and self-regulates.
- Proven application of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Public Relations industry, specifically, food system knowledge
- Previous work experience in an agency setting, corporate communications, food or agriculture company, organization or association, or CPG company preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities in critical thinking and problem-solving to address client challenges and opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.